Know Your Blood Pressure
Your blood pressure is one of the most important indicators for your personal well-being.
Clinical trials show that lowering blood pressure significantly reduces the likelihood of having a heart attack, severe kidney damage, or a stroke.
Here are some recommendations for taking your blood pressure:
- Sit and relax for 3-5 minutes before starting your blood pressure measurements.
- Take at least two measurements, in sitting position, spaced 1-2 minutes apart, and additional measurements if the first two are quite different.
- Measure blood pressure initially in both arms to detect any differences. For future measurements, take the arm with the higher value.
- Please also track the resting heart rate registered during the blood pressure measurement.
- The normal value is between 60 and 100 beats a minute.